DATE OF BIRTH:
• Physically born Feb. l, 1932 in Perquimans Co. N.C.
• Born again August 2, 1954 at Ft. McClellan, Alabama
• Married to Dorothy Marsh on August 18, 1952
• Three children and 7 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren
• Virginia Bible College (Now Atlantic Baptist Bible College)
• College of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, N. C.
• Infantry Officer School in Fort Benning, Ga.
• Norfolk and Carolina Tel. And Tel. Co. (Plant Foreman) 1951-1966
• North Carolina National Guard & Army Reserve 1949-1965 (Resigned as Captain)
• Pastored Grace Baptist Church, Rich Square, N.C. (May 1964-Oct.1965)
• Pastored Great Hope Baptist Church, Chesapeake, VA (October 1965 - December 1987)
• Past board member of Old Dominion Assoc. of Church Schools
• Past Moderator of Virginia Assembly of Independent Baptist (1976-1977)
• Past Vice-President and lecturer of Atlantic Baptist Bible College.
• Past Executive Board member of Baptist International Missions, Inc.
• Far North Director of Baptist International Missions, Inc.
AUTHORED FIVE BOOKLETS:
• The Local Church
• The Faith Promise Plan
• Elijah and Elisha
• Marriage and the Home
• The Church Mission Conference
• Awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Divinity on August 16, 1983 by the Baptist Christian
University of Shreveport, La.
• Awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Divinity on May 28, 1999 by the Virginia Baptist College in
• Awarded an Honorary Doctorate in May, 2000 by the FaithWay Baptist College in Ajax, Ontario
International Representative of
Baptist International Missions, Inc.
Publicity Picture for printing