Dan accepted the Lord as his Savior on August 15, 1969, at the age of 17. Upon completion of high school, Dan attended Bob Jones University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Secondary Education in May 1975. A few weeks later, Dan married his wife, Sandy, and together they have been serving the Lord in full-time ministry.
1975-1994 — Dan served as an assistant pastor and college Dean of Students.
1995-2002 — Dan and Sandy ministered as missionaries in Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago with Baptist International Missions, Inc.
• Papua New Guinea — organized and started three Baptist churches
All three churches have Bible-believing, trained national pastors and are operating independently. Dan also organized, administrated, taught and trained nationals at a nightly Bible college and administered two Christian schools during his time in PNG.
• Trinidad and Tobago — organized and started one Baptist church that continues to operate today and is led by a Bible-believing Trinidadian pastor
2002-2005 — The DeLongs returned to the States to work at Gospel Light Baptist Church in Walkertown, North Carolina. Dan also served as Christian school principal and bus leader under Dr. Bobby Roberson.
2006-Present — Dan and Sandy were reinstated as missionaries with Baptist International Missions. The Lord led Dan to organize and start a Baptist church in the far north tropical city of Cairns, Australia. The church is now self-sufficient and thriving. They have called a Bible-believing, trained Australian man to pastor.
Currently — Dan is working in the capacity of Candidate and Deputation Director; however, he will continue his ministry and work in Papua New Guinea to encourage and strengthen national pastors as well as train young men and women for full-time service. He will also endeavor and work to see more Bible-believing, fundamental churches planted in the country of Australia. Dan's status remains unchanged as a missionary with BIMI. He receives no income other than from the support of churches who share his vision of reaching the lost world through missions.
Candidate and Deputation Director
As Candidate and Deputation Director, Dan desires to
• Inspire people to develop a heart for worldwide missions (1Chronicles 16:23, 24; Psalm 96:3);
• Include people in the work of worldwide missions (Isaiah 6:8);
• Instruct people who are willing to serve in worldwide missions—work through the deputation process with missionaries and assist them in getting to the field, etc., (2 Timothy 2:2);
• Involve people in the cause of worldwide missions through prayer, giving, sending and going (Acts 13:2, 3; 2 Corinthians 8:1-7);
• Impact people in our Jerusalem, Judaea, Samaria and the uttermost part of the earth with the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20).
If you feel that the Lord is calling you or someone you know into world missions, please feel free to give Dan a call. He will be happy to answer any questions you may have relating to BIMI and/or the mission field.
Publicity Picture for printing